Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek Highlights
01. Kathmandu and Pokhara city tour
02. Scenic flight to and from Jomsom
03. Beautiful, surreal high desert mountain landscapes
04. Man-made caves in Grand Canyon-like landscapes
05. Stunning treeless and barren landscapes
06. Exploring the Kali Gandaki River valley
07. Picturesque views of the Himalayas
08. Visiting the capital of Mustang "The Lo Manthang"
Until recently the Upper Mustang was one of the most isolated and unexplored corners of the Trans-Himalayan region. Foreign trekkers were first allowed to visit in 1992. Since its opening this region has become a very special destination for trekkers, despite the expensive permit fees compared to other regions. Once Upper Mustang used to be a separate kingdom and still it looks like a kingdom of a different kind, not only because of its topographic uniqueness but also because of its untouched Tibetan culture, people and their traditions. New lodges have made this trek more comfortable these days.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing, Hotel
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara (820m), Hotel
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2720m) & Trek to Kagbeni
Day 05: Trek to Chele (3050 m)
Day 06: Trek to Geling (3570m)
Day 07: Trek to Dhakmar (2820m)
Day 08: Cross Mui la pass (4170m) & Trek to Tsarang (3560m)
Day 09: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3810m)
Day 10: Rest day in Lo-Manthang
Day 11: Lo-Manthang to Dhakmar (3820m)
Day 12: Dhakmar to Syangbochen (3800m)
Day 13: Syangbochen- Chhusang (2900m)
Day 14: Trek to Jomsom (2720m)
Day 15: Jomsom- Pokhara- Kathmandu by domestic flight.
Day 16: Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 17: Upper Mustang Trek ends /Final departure from Kathmandu.
01. Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
02. Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on a twin share bed- and- breakfast.
03. Transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the Trek as applicable.
04. Guided city tour (Half Day) with world heritage entrance permit.
05. Full board meals while on trekking. All domestic flights and airport tax. TIMS & Restricted region trek special permit. Accommodation at clean and comfortable tea house or lodge. Professional & highly expertise local trekking group leader.
06. FIRST AID KIT.
07. Porters to carry all personal gear and group gears while on trekking.
08. Insurance of all staff including porters.
09. Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters.
10. Trekking Route Map.
01. Bar bills (Coke, mineral water, hard or soft drinks).
02. Personal expenses Donation or tips.
03. Personal equipment and Medical kit box.
04. Emergency rescue evacuation from Helicopter or any personal accident insurance during emergencies.
Trip Cost: USD$ 2190.00
Source: Upper Mustang Trek , Adventure Trekking in Nepal
More travel products/services from Friends Adventure Team Pvt. Ltd
|04 Jul 2016|
Annapurna Base Camp Trek
|04 Jul 2016|
Everest Base Camp Trek